Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Croup and Mason

So I just spent 2 nights and 40 hours at the hospital with Mason. He is such a little maniac that he literally had to crash before we could see how sick he had become. It wasn't until he fell asleep that we could hear how difficult it was for him to breathe. I took him in after a dose of cold air didn't do any good for his barking cough and the retractions. Thank goodness I went when I did because the ER was so quiet we got in within 10 min of checking in. Mason was so cooperative when he needed to be checked out and even for most of his epinephrine treatments. He also had two doses of Dexamethasone during our stay. All the nurses and doctors thought he was adorable. He was quite adorable once they put him into the little striped pjs they have, making him look like a little convict. Also his scratchy high pitched voice just added to the cuteness. I need that once in while with him because he can be such a little scoundrel some days that I don't see cute at all.
I am sorry that I didn't have a camera to take any pictures now. I was lucky I got a toothbrush and shampoo (there was no toothpaste or brush that came with those things, THANKS Trev!) It was hard not to cry every time he cried. He mostly cried when the coughing hurt too much and when he wanted to go home. It might also be because I have been feeling under the weather myself that it was more difficult than I thought.
I am glad for priesthood blessings and prayers from family and friends. I am also thankful for wonderful nurses and doctors and respiratory people.

No comments:

Post a Comment