Friday, November 19, 2010

Stake visit

We went to another ward last Sunday because I needed to do my Stake duty and go to the Primary Presentation. Well we got there a little late because it was early church and at a chapel that is further away than our regular one and so we ended up at the back. Our kids listen way better the closer we are to the front so this was not good thing.
The first thing that happened that made me laugh was shortly after we sat down another family had sat down a few rows ahead of us. The mom was on her own that morning and so she was preoccupied with the baby and one son while the following occurred. So at first I thought what the girl had done was an accident, as she sat down she elbowed her younger brother in the face because he lunged at the same seat, but then as he persisted in trying to get the seat next to his mom the girl without even looking at him stuck her hand in his face and pushed him out of the way. With his face!?! He was fighting back and making a little noise but the hymn was going so the mom still didn't even notice any of this going on. I am looking on in amazement and horror as I am trying not laugh because it looked so funny. Only one other person seemed to notice and she had the same look on her face as me.
The kids were doing alright but the Presentation was moving slowly and going over time (25 min) and so I was trying to keep Mason occupied by drawing some pictures for him. He wanted a monster and it didn't seem to matter what kind I drew it was wrong and when I asked him questions about what he wanted it only made him madder and he would start yelling 'Monster, draw monster mom'. I could see this was not working and headed for disaster so I tried to switch what we were drawing but that only pushed him over the edge and he lost it. It made me laugh that he was so fixated on this one thing but wasn't willing to help me get him what he wanted.
So it is still snowing. It was cool for a couple of days finally and suddenly there is snow and winter is here. The kids are loving it and I am grateful. It almost doesn't seem real, yet it makes the fact that Christmas is coming real. So we will stick to the plan and have decorations up next week and I need to sort through what I have already got and see who still needs a gift or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment